Bad Gestein Day Two


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Bad Gastein
August 11th 2009
Published: August 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Ok, today was due to be an action packed day,

And it was.

We got up fairly early at 8 to organise ourselves and get a bit of food into us. (Yummy hostel buffet of bread and cheese and ham and cereal) On a side note, would it kill hostels to invest in a bit of apple juice.

Anyway we (the three of us, three australian girls and Annie and Sinead) were picked up from the door of the hostel to be brought to the adventure centre. Sweet.

I spent the trip convincing Annie and Sinead that they should do both Canyoning (legend) and Rafting (also legend). It worked, and the three of us as well as the two girls were kitted out to do some jumping into and off stuff (waterfalls mainly).

The first up was canyoning, which was by far and away my favourite thing we have done on the holiday. It envolves climbing on rocks, jumping off rocks and jumping into waterfalls and pools of water. The highest jump we did was about 10 meters. There was even an option of a smaller jump, and despite my fear of heights, i did the bigger one.

After a quick lunch of soup and break we then went rafting. Which was great fun but in my opinion, the fun was disuising alot of hard work as well. We all had a great laugh and even managed to terrorise the German raft....they started it, we finished it. The only down side was we were left waiting for a taxi back for a bit too long. It was bloody freezing.

We got back to the hostel and my memory is hazy not because of booze, but because of tiredness, but we all had naps, showers and drinks, but not neccessarily in that order. Annie, Sinead and I went for a chinese but Annie at this stage had a fever and we were pretty worried about her.....still hoping she will be ok. Anywho, we were all wrecked anway so we called it an early night and went off to the land of nod.

We also missed our night train. Fun :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb