Budapest Day Three (Last day of Trip :-( )


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Buda
August 14th 2009
Published: August 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We woke up on Friday morning to discover (we knew already really) that Enda was missing. The sly dog.

He got back in and we all decided to head to the thermal baths. A quick hop skip and a metro away and we arrived in the north (?) of the town, to these pretty extensive thermal baths. There were hundreds of people there. It was like a night club except during the day, with no booze, with lots of water and swimsuits. Yep, thats exactly what it was like.

We messed around trying different water temperatures (i recommend 36 degrees) before heading out into the outdoor heated pools. We even contemplated a second massage of the trip, but that involved standing out of the nice warm water for a bit too long. No thanks.

The lads then headed to the sauna while i went to get changed. Whatever way the tickets work, if you spend less time there, you get money back. I had 35 seconds to spare. I got something like 2 euro back. It was a small victory, but a victory none the less.

We then walked around the castle and spent the last of our funny money, before walking accross to heroes square (seriously impressive, we should look into copying that).

Our time was running short then, so we headed back to the hostel to pick up our stuff and get the train to go to the airport. Enda headed to one terminal to get his shitty Ryanair flight, and we went to the other terminal to get our overly expensive (not really) and overly hard to get to (really) air lingus flight.

After stopping off in airport shopping to stock up on Toblerones, we got on the plane and headed home.

I fell asleep in my own bed having just wolfed down a proper curry.

Which is how all good trips end.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb