Day 8 - Mykonos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
August 4th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Woke up at about 7:45am as I coulnd't sleep; in comparison that sleep I'd just had was a lot from the rest of the trip anyway. Mary and I went down and had our buffet breakfast again where we met up with Sharnex and Andrea. They were filling us in onthe drama that had happened when they left the beach party and we stayed.
There aare two trouble maker guys in our group that poeple had already gotten over them the other nights at the clubs. Two meat heads who think that because they are on holidays can do whatever the hell they want. So, apparently as the group was heading out of the beach to the bus these idiots somehow got on to a quad bike that was in the carpark that had the keys in it. They decided to take it for a ride and somehow it had ended up upside down. They got on the bus the rest of the very well behaved group and then these Greek guys who obviously owned the quad bike came on the bus making all sorts of drama. Ali, our tour manager told them to take it outside and even the cops were called. Ahh, glad we stayed at the beach. So, as the rest of the group had to wait for them, they actually didn't even get back that much before us.
We had our breakfast and made our way on the public bus in to Mykonos town. We got in there sometime after 11:00am and walked around through all the little shops, the girls found bargains, all i bought was a bracelet. We decided at about 1:00pm it was time for some lunch and found a little place around the corner from the place where we'd had our included dinner 2 nights earlier. It was lovely but the meals were all way too huge. We had that then headed up to the windmills again to take some photos before winding our way back through the streets to the bus stop. On the way we even came across the resident pelican that i spoke of too.
We got back to the bus, caught it to the hotel then Sharnez, Mary and i decided to hit the pool for a little bit. We layed there all sun screened up for a bit before we decided to head in and shower up for our included dinner and toga party.
Dinner was delicious. It was in the restaurant at the hotel and was a buffet again so everyone ate way too much. After dinner but before dessert Ali came our and got everyone to sing Happy Birthday to Sam, whos birthday it was today and she was carrying a cake. The cake looked amazing. That was all good then next thing we knew she was walking out with another one for me. So sweet of her. So not only had we stuffed ourselves on the buffet but then we couldn't deny having a big chunk of the cake too, it would have been rude of us. haha
After that Ali and the other tour manager of the other group gave us demonstrations of how to tie a toga and we made our way bak to the rooms for about an hour before the toga party was to start. We made our way down to the poolside bar at 9:30pm and it certainly was a site. Everyone looked so good in their white togas (which we hired from reception for only 2euro). Everyone had them tied different and they all looked amazing. The drinks began to flow as it was happy hour and before we knew it the time was 11:45pm and those of us heading out had to get ready as we were leaving at 12:15am. Tonight was Moby.
We drove to where the beach party was the night before and opposite that was the entrance to the Paradise Hotel. This place was amazing. A huge open air club which had various levels and rooms and even a swimming pool in the middle, which on this particular night was ropped off.
We made our way down the from where the was another DJ playing and before we knew it Moby was there doing his thing. Front row in an amazing club with great people on a stunning night having the time of our lives. Amazing. Moby was brilliant, keep the crowd involved and you could see he just loves what he does, how could you blame him?
We keep dancing the night away until 5:00am when we met with the bus and the rest of the crew and made our way back to the hotel. we got back just before 6:00am.
Absolutely knackered we attemped to pack up our bags as we had to check-out at 11:00am.
What another fantastic day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



5th August 2011

Guys in togas?! Damn why aren't I there?!?! Hope you took photos! :o) As for the Contiki-drama... a couple of people oversleeping and that was about as bad as it got on our GS09! lol Love it!!

Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb