Day 7 - Mykonos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
August 3rd 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday Me!
We wanted to not get up too early but also made it down in time for breakfast. It was a great breakfast; Contiki breakfast does equal a buffet so it couldn't be missed. We had that then Got ready to lay by the pool and get some sun before we were to head off to our beach party at Paradise Beach.
The bus left at 3:30pm and took us about 25 or so minutes to get there.When we arrived we found ourselves in what almost felt like it was out of a movie or something. Guys shirtless and bikini clad girls everywhere and everyone looked hot. We grabbed drinks and made our way to some tables already taken over by some other Contikians.
We sat having a few drinks before Andrea and I decided it was time for a swim. We joined some of the other girls from our group and the water was beautiful. Completely chrystal clear and warm enough to swim but not so much that you feel as though you are having a bath. We stayed in there for a while before making our way back to the others.
We had a few more drinks and before the afternoon turned into evening the Elephant Man showed up. Now, this guy is apparently an ex-porn star who is paid to MC the place. All he wears is a g-banger (which is a term the USA girls have so happily adopted) shaped like an elephant, I'm sure you can figure it out.
We had quite a few more drinks and the tables were covered with people. A little messyness but all-in-all people were mostly there just for a good time. The drinks continued and the night rolled in and the bus was due to pick everyone up at 9:30pm. Mary, myslf and quite a few others decided to stay.
We stayed dancing until about 11:00pm before we decided to head back to the hotel. It sounds early but when you've been going all afternoon and evening it wasn't. There was 5 of us (myself, Mary, Ryan, Paul and Nick) in the cab so it was about 7 euro each.
We got back to the hotel and it was still kind of early so we hit the beach which is right opposite the hotel. We spent some time there then made our way back and to bed at about 12:30am.
What a great birthday. And follow-up celebrations shall continue tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



5th August 2011

Glad you had a fab birthday hun! Although I don't think I've ever heard such a funny word as "g-banger"! lol Oh you Aussies and your weird (or should that be wierd MM?!) words! Singlet and thongs indeed...

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb