Cool, Clear Mediterranean Waters


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
May 19th 2018
Published: May 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today was a sunny, hot one. Our mornings here are at a casual pace since it's different from some of the other vacations we've been on. It's not so much only about sights we want to see but also relaxing at some of their famous beaches. Like always we began with a walk on the waterfront. This morning we saw their farmers market set up there. It was not as extensive as others we have seen but it's a much smaller community. The population of Mykonos is 5,500. It had flowers and fruits and vegetables to meet the needs of the shoppers. We were also able to watch the fishermen cleaning their catch of the morning. Of course the morning walk is topped off with breakfast on the waterfront making it a perfect morning.

We paid a visit to the Folklore Museum. It has a collection of items to introduce you to the way of life of the Mykonians. They have artwork, jewelry, sewing machines, a lace making display, cooking utensils, bedroom display, furniture, and boat replicas set up in the basement. The house is set up to reflect the time period. It's interesting to see how people lived years and years ago.

The afternoon was spent at Psaris Beach. It is a well secluded bay beach. It is a small beach with beautiful sand and crystal clear water. This is the shoulder season in Mykonos so the beaches are not as crowded as the actual summer months. After experiencing a Friday night in Mykonos I can't imagine how populated this area must get in coming months. Our waitress tonight said at times there are 10 to 15 cruise ships docked in the Old Port and then all the tourists who travel by planes and ferries to arrive here. It must be insane. Our afternoon at the beach was very enjoyable though a bit warm with temperatures reaching the mid eighties.

For our final night in Mykonos we enjoyed a dinner of Greek salad, pork in a wine sauce with sweet potato mash and pita bread. All was delicious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb