Fun In the Sun in Mykonos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
May 18th 2018
Published: May 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today was a very casual relaxing day for us. We had a leisurely breadfast of bacon omelets, toast, coffee and more fresh squeezed orange juice. We are getting spoiled with the fresh squeezed juice. The coffee though tends to be a little stronger than what we are accustomed to. After finishing breakfast we walked many of the pathways that meander all through the town. Everyone is filled with shops and lots to look at. When walking around here in the morning hours you need to be cautious because all of the shops and restaurants are getting their deliveries and there is often not enough space for a vehicle and a pedestrian in the path at the same time. The pedestrians need to step into doorways or squeeze to the side to let vehicles past.

During our walking we came upon The Gioras Wood Bakery which we had read about before coming to Mykonos. It has been in business since 1420 and is still going strong. Of course we stopped for a treat and had baklava. It was delicious.

The afternoon was spent going to two of the beaches here. We caught a bus which took us to Paradise Beach. It was a little overcast this afternoon which may have been a good thing since the sun was not scorching hot. The beach area was not sand but pebbles, a little hard on the feet. We took reading material and relaxed for quite some time on lounges on the beach. While there I had a glass of ouzo which i really liked. When we decided to leave this beach we took a water taxi to Platys Gialos Beach. It had a very different atmosphere. The beach was lined with hotels and their restaurants and bars and very little public beach area. Each hotel had designated space on the beach for their lounges. It was a much more congested area than Paradise Beach. After spending a little time here we caught the return bus to Mykonos City.

An observation we made over the last couple of days is that the preferred pet must be a cat. Although yesterday we saw 3 dogs but there are cats everywhere roaming around. Sitting at the outdoor restaurants they come under the tables unexpectedly and brush up against your legs.

So far on this trip we have met many nice people from Italy, China, Maine, Florida and of course Greece. When strangers are sitting in close quarters with others at restaurants good conversations are often had.

Dinner tonight was not so Greek. Our selections were Pasta Bolognese and Vegetable Pasta along with bread and olive oil. It was great!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb