It rains, you get wet.


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese » Valtessiniko
September 4th 2023
Published: September 4th 2023
Edit Blog Post

No we are not in Valtessiniko as it says above but really we are nowhere! More precisely we are 2 km or so from a village named Nimfasia, which we walked through and saw no-one! We heard some people but saw not a soul. You could have fired a cannon in the village square and only disturbed a cat. The church was deserted and there was no movement at the cemetery! It’s a shame because for a couple of km we have been getting glimpses of the village and it looks good. I’ll drop a couple of photos as I thought it appeared quite ‘magical’.

We left Vytina in bright sunshine but with a forecast of thunderstorms. The forecast proved correct, as a couple of hours into the walk the lighting commenced, followed very closely by thunder and then heavy rain. The ipad goes away in an effort to keep it dry so shots of wet us walking in the rain are scarce. The early shots see us in the canyon, on the canyon and above the canyon but yesterday’s pleasant stroll along the river has been replaced by a harder, rock strewn environment. Some vistas were quite expansive and as I said the glimpses of Nimfasia made it look really attractive but generally the walk was so so. The forecast for tomorrow again bodes poorly for us. I just hope it’s not raining as we commence. Nothing worse than starting in the rain. I sort of don’t mind putting on the wet weather gear if we are caught in the rain but I don’t like starting in it.

Our accomodation is in the middle of nowhere. There are 6 stylish self contained apartments here in a complex. But the complex is surrounded by bush and I can not see another building and in fact we walked more than a km since seeing the last building. Our host will cook us something for evening meal which appealed to us (and her) more than her driving us back and forth to a taverna. It appears we are the only guests again but it’s only mid afternoon so there may be others, although I doubt it.

All the photos you can’t see are because of the rain. Sorry about that. Even through the afternoon there have been a couple of short showers but we are comfortably ensconced although a little short on real food. Plenty of digestive type biscuits that we have from our Slovenian walk and a couple of pieces of fruit still exist and I think there are a couple of spanakopita remaining. If so they won’t be there for long.

That’s it, caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb