It’s like deja vu all over again.


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese » Vytina
September 3rd 2023
Published: September 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

We get up. We have breakfast. We walk. We arrive in a cute little village. We go out for evening meal. So far 4 out of 5 ticked off and here there are a few tavernas so the last on the list should not be too difficult.

Big breakfast spread particularly considering we were the only guests. Far too much for us even taking into consideration the lunch we take. The host even supplied take away bags and still we hardly made a dint in the offerings.

Then it’s on the trail. We re-walked the last 20 minutes of yesterday’s trail as the first 20 minutes of today’s. Quite frustrating but here necessary. Then it’s along the river for quite a while. Picturesque and quiet delightful really and as it is heavily forested it was cool and pleasant. Knowing the walk is short and relatively easy makes for a good mind frame too! A couple of pumping stations, some old mills and the obligatory monastery dot the path and there were 2 people walking their dogs.

Found our accomodation easily but despite the fact that is quite modern and has at least 10 rooms it has no reception. As we set out for drinks we were spotted so ‘reception’ came and met us with a key. Large comfy rooms and the place even has a lift but as far as I can tell we are the sole guests. Managed some washing and the balcony proved a good drying spot so all is pretty good.

Walked into the square for drinks and relax. Made the mistake of ordering iced coffee. It’s a mistake because that’s what you get, some coffee whizzed up and then some ice cubes are added. No milk! As far as I’m concerned no milk means it is not a real ice-coffee. Presumably because I ordered iced-coffee Julie’s tea came iced as well! Not happy! So that ice-cream and iced-coffee was my Fathers’ Day treat. Thanks Bun.

So you‘ve heard it all before, only the place names change and the distance walked changes but that’s what I like. More tomorrow.

Despite it being uphill home I’m sure we will venture out later but it’s caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb