Rüdesheim and more


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse
March 15th 2009
Published: March 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This week marks the half way point for my intensive German course and culture class!!! Only 3 more weeks until the regular semester begins! I asked the golden question on Thursday in class about attendance and our final grade and found out that we only have to go to 3 out of the 5 days to have full attendance!! I am going to try hard not to skip class knowing this, but it was exciting news! :-) This past week I booked my ticket to London with a couple of friends from my ISP group for the first weekend in April..it will be a great trip! As for this weekend..Friday was one of my friends birthdays so we ate at this realllllly good restaurant in Obrestad or our "Old Town." It's specialty is the auflauf, which is a baked pasta dish and you add whatever you want..like cheese and ham or spinach and cheese! Was reallllly good! Then we went a dance club called Unix. Since it is getting closer to the semester starting the students are starting to come back to Marburg, so the nightlife is picking up! Yesterday, we took a day trip on the train to a cute little wine town on the Rhine River called Rudsheim. It was quite the journey getting there..our little group met at the train station at 9am and we had to go to Frankfurt first and catch a connecting train. We ended up having to wait in Frankfurt for over an hour..once we finally got to Rudsheim we found this little restaurant that had waitors in neat little outfits standing at the door so we decided to try it! I got this yummy potato soup! mmmm! We heard how good the wine was and how we HAD to go wine tasting..well turns out that the winery is only open in the summer! We should have known because the vineyards aren't even in season! So we looked around in the shops and each bought a bottle of wine for the train ride home! On the way home we had to do the stop in Frankfurt again and it was on the day of a soccer game so there were SO many people everywhere cheering and singing songs! A lot of drunk men! ha! All in all it was a good trip though! But now I am getting sick! we are changing seasons right now..getting warmer and rainier! Let's go summer!! Oh and our floor's kitchen was shut down this week..someone trashed the kitchen and left the mess so our landlady cut off the electricity for the week..so I can't cook any meals! ANND someone stole my pears and yogurt out of the fridge..real nice!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

We went inside this churchWe went inside this church
We went inside this church

Notice the funky trees!


Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb