Oktoberfest Part 2


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 25th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After one last family breakfast (mmm nutella) we headed to the station for our train to Germany. Since we didn't have to meet our friends in Heidelberg until the evening when they finished work, we decided to meet the guys for ein paar mass at the Wiesn and some general hilarity before moving on.

It was great. We'd text Gkee before leaving Salzburg and he'd got the message, so at a few minutes past half past twelves the guys strolled up, Gkee looking a little worse for wear after a hard first night.

This time we chose the Hacker-Pschorr Tent with the clouds, though unfortunately the beer wasnt so good and we got the tourist treatment which was notably different from that of our day with the almost locals. We had a great couple of hours and filled ourselves up on Wurstl and beer and caught up, though it was all too soon when we had to say goodbye.

We won't see Mike til we get home in December, but we will catch up with Sam and Gkee in a week or two in London, so the tears weren't too bad. Then it was off to the train to Heidelberg to pay a visit to our friends Hanna and Michael.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb