Time with Friends


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Heidelberg
September 27th 2006
Published: October 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Waving a sad goodbye to the Wiesn we headed to the station and caught ourselves a train to Heidelberg. We were met at the station by Michael and walked back to their flat where we caught up with Hanna - it was so great to see them again.

Their flat is really cool. It's pretty spacious by European standards and has a nice garden and a friendly neighbouring cat called Kea who drops in for visits now and then. They have decorated the whole place with photos and souveneirs of their travels which looks really cool, and which made us really excited that we are heading back to Asia again soon.

By day we explored town. We climbed up to the castle for great views through the fog and mist to the town and river below and saw the world's largest wine barrel. We then checked out the graffiti in the old student prison where raucous students were sent for such misdemeanours as drunkenness and chasing pigs through the town (I'm sure Corb would have ended up there had he been a student in those days).

The evenings we cooked, ate, drank wine and chatted with Michael and Hanna catching up on all their news, telling crazy travel stories and checking out all the photos. It's funny how you can meet people in the strangest places for only a short time and then when you see them again it feels like you've know them forever. It was really cool to catch up and sad to leave after such a short time. The only remedy I feel is for us to come back to Europe again soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0903s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb