Dijon definitely does cut the mustard!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
September 29th 2006
Published: October 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

One day and several trains later we arrived in Dijon, France. Corb's cousin Anna and her husband Paul are living there at the moment as funnily enough, Paul makes the mustard the town is known for! They have just had the cutest wee girl Grace and so it was a perfect time to catch up and meet the newest addition to the family.

They too have a cool apartment literally right across from the Notre Dame Cathedral. Unfortunately there were some troubles with the plumbing and so waste water was thrown out the window (for that true French village experience) and dishwashing was done in the bathroom sink. It was a bit chaotic.

Little Grace made up for all the madness by being the cutest little button ever. We spent pretty much all our time hanging out with her, playing with her and all her crazy toys and watching her drive her poor mother mad with her uncanny timing - needing a nappy change every day at dinner time.

We did take some time to check out the lovely local churches and the fine arts museum which is reputed to be one of France's best. Corb loved the sculpture by Pompon. I wanted to take home the polar bear but the gift shop was selling them for 138euros, a wee bit out of our price range.

We also did the French thing, feasting on French bread, camembert and delicious french tarts all wrapped up with ribbons (I had lemon and raspberry -yum!) and promptly fell asleep right after. I love naps.

We stayed just long enough to catch up with Grace's hard working daddy who had been away in Holland and then we were on the road again, this time on our way to Paris.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb