Oktoberfest: Part 1


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 24th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So after a lazy breakfast on the terrace we packed up and headed off to Munich for Oktoberfest. The traffic was again not so good so we took a slight detour through some charming Bavarian villages, though we did manage to get up to 160km or so on the autobahn (I have heard rumours of some family members being snapped doing up to 240kph!).

Arriving and finding a sweet parking spot we wandered the last ten minutes, seeing all the horses with their carriages of beer along the way. First of all we talk a walk around the whole grounds, checking out all the tents for their atmosphere. The place was PACKED, and the inside of the tents was just so cool. They are more like giant showrooms than tents and the decorations are really cool, one had clouds even! Martin said they take about 2 weeks to build and we can see why, theyre pretty choice.

THe boys and I took a turn on the Eurostar (like the Lethal Weapon at MovieWorld) while Fanny ferociously guarded the bags. It was nuts and over all too soon. I had a quick look out the corner of my eye over the crowds as we spun upside down - it's huge!!!

We chose the Augustiner Tent and had beer, Haxen, pretzels, radi - everything you need for a great Bavarian feast. All the people around us were really friendly and Martin filled us in on the lyrics and meanings of all the great drinking songs. We saw two fights, a waitress hit a customer and met a waitress who could carry 14 of the full one litre jugs! It was a great day!

As we were wandering back to our carpark we heard someone shout, 'Corb' it was Mike and Gkee, just parking the car after arriving from Stuttgart. Corb turned round and seeing Sam approaching from down the road ran at him at full speed. Sam didn't even recognise him til the last minute. The look of complete shock on his face was classic. Totally surreal to see the guys here, completely by chance.

Arranging to meet them for another round tomorrow we headed back to Salzburg, in time to shape up the house before Fanny's parents returned from France and get ourselves to sleep for our last night in AUstria.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb