One Last Time Around


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
September 23rd 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Back in Salzburg it was more of last weekend's fun: so we spent the evening at the festival in town, drinking beer and sekt and checking out all the locals in the lederhosen. We then headed up to the 'Sky Bar' with Christoph and Claudia where we had cocktails and gazed out at the Festung and old town by night, it was really pretty and a good time.

Saturday was more family festivities; this time in Upper Austria with 3 more of my grandmother's half sisters and their husbands. Traffic wasn't so good so we drove through Germany, crazy! Lunch was a traditional one at an inn under the trees. It was a special place for the family as two of the sisters met their husbands here when they were waitresses while their mother ran the place, pretty cool.

Afterwards we headed back to Steffi and Ernts' house right out in the country, with deer and horses over the fence. They really had Corb challenged and brought out three varieties of cake! All were delicious, of course. They also had an awesome dog called Anka who we spent ages hanging out with - we miss our Bella and Zoe 😞

Heading off sometime after 6 Steffi gave us a care package of schinken, speck, brot and of course more cake and we had a picnic dinner in front of the TV with Martin and Fanny, and a relaxing night watching DVDs.

The family have been AMAZING. There has been so much kindness and friendliness and we have felt truly welcome which has been so good. I have learnt so much about my family and we have met all the people Nana had always talked about which is really cool. Also our German got a lot better which was quite an achievement, mostly helped by everyone's efforts to speak slowly and with hand actions for us. It's been awesome!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb