The Munchies!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
June 20th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Me and my MaskMe and my MaskMe and my Mask

One litre of beer! Drank as quickly as the boys.. needless to say, ended up more pissed! Particularly after the cider that followed!
The Munchies in Munchen.. Thats what we have dubbed ourselves, myself, Dan, Brad and Cal.. Go the Munchies in munchen!
I was the first to arrive, followed by Dan and while we waited for the boys to arrive we took a city sightseeing tour bus.. Always good, always provides lots of interesting sights to go back too.. After picking Brad and Cal up at the train station with extremely cute little signs (which you better still both have btw!) and a German greeting we walked down to Marianplatz.. the main part of town here, beer halls everywhere with masks (not steins!), Cal had one and we later found out he was drinking apple juice! Go apple juice though!!

The two hour train trip out of Neuschwanstein castle provided an extremely long, uphill walk to get to the castle after being dropped off by the bus, after catching the two hour train.. oh fun times! The view was stunning though and totally worth it, although the calves were disagreeing at the time.. Then Brad, Cal and myself proceeded to visit a beer hall when we arrived back in Munich.. For all of 5mintues before proceeding to an Australian pub to ..drink
The Munchies!The Munchies!The Munchies!

Cal, Brad, Dan and myself..
Irish cider.. In Germany.. Go us.. Boys were happy as there was AFL on the TV there!

Second day was spent wandering around the town and Dan and myself went on a Hitler Third Reich tour which was a walking tour around the city of Munich which shows you where alot of buildings were to do with Hitlers party... Pretty interesting but just a tad too long, three hours is a long time to be walking around in the sun as my sunburnt shoulders can prove..

Last day in Munich we spent out at Dachau which was the first concentration camp set up by the Nazis.. Its a very sullen and sombering thing to be walking around where you know thousands of people died.. We got to walk through a reconstructed dorm room if you like where the prisoners would have had to live and its a nightmare to think about how it would have been for them.. Day was probably ruined abit by the groups of annoying school kids that just wouldnt shut up! and the incredibly overcrowded bus ride back to the train station...

Finally made it to a beer hall and had a mask,
Mmm beer... Pity its not cider..Mmm beer... Pity its not cider..Mmm beer... Pity its not cider..

We decided that 1lite of cider with ice would have been heaven on earth.. too bad we couldnt find it :(
not a stein.. A litre of beer is alot to get through!

Tomorrow its off to Salzberg for me and Dan, only one month now till I go home', getting very real now..





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



22nd June 2007

So nice to see everyone's smiling faces. Yes your mum is on a countdown now eagerly awaiting your return. Enjoy every last minute of the time you have left on your adventure. Back to reality soon enough.

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb