Ghent/Brugge


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
June 15th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well today was spent on a day tour going to Ghent and Brugge, thankfully the weather had improved and lasted throughout most of the day, only got wet on the way back to the hotel and after yesterdays torrential downpour that is definately something to be thankful for..

First stop Ghent, about an hours drive from Brussels, nice enough little town, some stunning architecture, cant really say there was much to report about this place as we only spent 45mins in in but still good to get out and see other parts of Belgium..

Next stop was Brugge, this is a place I definately wanted to see after hearing about it, almost as much as Switerland from 2 boys who shall remain nameless ;P, again nice enough little town, but why all the hype boys?? The greenary was fantastic and I love walking down the cobblestone streets, makes me feel like Im really in Europe hehe, the climb to the top of the belltower was excruiating hehe, Im so unfit, I blame the food in Paris and Rome!! particularly Rome!! haha... Went by the river that translates into English as "to make love river".. now in the river?? could be interesting hehe.. not exactly warm in this part of the world 😉 hehehehehe...

Tomorrow Im off to Munich at 7am! Ouch! I have a 7hour train ride to look forward too..

Getting very close to home now.. Down to only 4 and a bit weeks.. Bloody scary I tell you! Im almost terrified to come home.. So many things up in the air, so many things to be sorted out.. Would be so much easier to stay away hehe.. But I want to come home.. I want to sort things out.. But what if they dont work out? 😞



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



16th June 2007

lifes adventure
what if is a silly question that reveals no answer. working out or not? that is lifes adventure, if it doesnt try something new. your only 20 for petes sake!!!!

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb