KLW 7 Fussen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Fussen
July 29th 2017
Published: July 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We're here. But really nobody wants to know that because around here it's all about Neuschwanstein Castle and Hohenschwangau Castle.

We walked to the castles, through the car park and ticket centre and past the castles. We left about 1000 people behind and will rejoin the throng on Monday where we will have to be up early to get in front of at least the majority of them. Booking is so heavy that we could not book on the internet despite trying a week or so ago. Tours operate from 8 till 5 seven days a week so it will give you some idea of how many people go through these castles. walking to and from them is a good introduction to them as they seem to magically appear, disappear and reappear as our walking track winds to and fro. The day was perfect weather wise and the juxtaposition of 'fairytale castles', green fields, crystal clear streams and the start of the alps works really well and provides a scenic landscape that we have not seen probably since the TMB.

The route from Buching is not the most direct, indeed the 22 km is designed to maximise the scenic nature of the lakes here. We walked to or skirted around Lake Hegratsriedsee, Lake Forggensee, Lake Bannwaldsee and Lake Schwansee all of which have 'see' in their titles but obviously they are lakes! We walked through quite a bit of pasture and again heard the mountain melody of cow bells which is always lovely. We walked through stages of forests which I always like as its softer underfoot. The KLW has had a far greater proportion of hard road walking than I have encountered before which is a pity as its boring and hard on your feet. it does mean walking rates go up but...

I'm going to get an I scream so that's a good enough reason to finish for now.

See you sometime.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb