Tuesday-Lots to Do!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 28th 2011
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097

I'm just going to put a word in here before the others get started. It has been extremely hot and humid here! Don't know if they are breaking any records or not but I'm not used to the humidity...

I also wanted to say that this group has been amazing to travel with, everyone has gotten along and cooperated so nicely. No problems at all! These are a great bunch of kids to get to know, their parents should be very proud of them, as they have been so responsible and respectful to everyone and everything around them. The other adult in our group has been a joy to get to know also, and it is so nice to know that my son would be in good hands if he goes touring the city with her. Enough bragging on my great travel group, I will let them tell you what they've been doing.


Sarah B:
Today three girls and I walked from our apartment to the Rodin Museum. It seemed to be a 25-minute walk. We've decided that the four of us prefer walking to the Metro. We like to see Paris as the locals do. Paris is busy, beautiful, and full of parks. We walked past Le Bon Marche, Hermes, and many other notable clothing places. Walking the streets you see Parisians carrying newly bought rugs on strong shoulders to their apartments. You'll see men buying flowers and carrying wine for their sweethearts and children on school trips walking in single file with teachers clapping for attention. One of the best parts on a long walk is hugging close to the cool air drafts from parks, fountains and plant boutiques. Oh, the the plant boutiques are full of the most amazingly beautiful flowers! White, pink and purple are prevalent for flower choice here. You'll also see into high art galleries. Whether you think it's high art or not, the prices are suited for that market. ...anyways, the Rodin museum was beautiful, and we saw the Thinker, the Gates of Hell, and my favorite, The Kiss. Later in the day we went back to Musee D'Orsay and we admired the Monets, Manets Van Goghs, Camille Pizarro, Renoir, More Rodin's, and many many more!! Everything here is worth seeing.

Carlie:
Salut! Not sure where to begin since I haven't blogged since our first couple days here. One of the things I've enjoyed the most is sitting at the cafe drinking a latte and watching all the people pass by. It's a lot harder when you're the one doing the walking, which we've been doing quite a lot of. I enjoy it, but I'm always ready to crash at the end of the day with a glass of Orangina (a carbonated orange juice drink they have here- yummy!) We have gone to almost all the big places in Paris- the Louvre, Orangerie, and Orsay museums being a big chunk of it. I enjoyed the Louvre, especially the sculptures- so life like! It's sad that we don't see that kind of detail in today's art. The Orangerie with Monet's water lilies was gorgeous. I wish I could have had the two rooms all to myself just to sit and look at (It was so peaceful Mrs. Hilliard took a nap 😉. I found out through Sarah, my personal tour guide, that Monet created these paintings after WWI for soldiers and citizens to have a peaceful place to come. I think those paintings definitely meant more to me after knowing that. The Orsay museum was definitely my favorite. I love Impressionism! I sat and
Stairs in Montmartre!Stairs in Montmartre!Stairs in Montmartre!

Lots of these all over this area of Paris, very hilly!
looked at this painting- http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Dance-at-the-Moulin-de-la-Galetter-Posters_i309043_.htm?aid=661618&LinkTypeID=1&PosterTypeID=1&DestType=7&Referrer=http%!A(MISSING)%!F(MISSING)%!F(MISSING)www%!E(MISSING)renoirgallery%!E(MISSING)com%!F(MISSING)
for a long time- you can't realize how great it is unless you're standing there in person.
Yesterday we walked down the Champs-Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe, and then climbed the almost-300 steps to the top! Great view, and a great workout!
These are just a couple of things that come to mind- there are so many things that we've done. Despite our long days, most of us are night owls and we end up staying up late talking together. I think this is one of the best parts of trips of any sort. I've really enjoyed getting to know this group better. Looking forward to another 6 days in France.

Joseph:
Today was really good, me and mom went first to the police museum, which took some finding. Then we went to the Pantheon, where we saw the pendulum, which was really cool. You can actually tell the time of day by it's position. Then we took a HUGE metro ride to Sacre Coeur, which was pretty cool. They had set up a skate stunt down these long steps, which kind of hindered getting a good picture of the view of Paris. Then we
Sign for metro stop in MontmartreSign for metro stop in MontmartreSign for metro stop in Montmartre

One of the few of these old Art Nouveau signs left..
went back to the apartment and we're just sitting around.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb