Road Trippin' The South of France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 19th 2016
Published: August 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.2693, 6.63981

Finally I've made it to the real south of France! The most south I've ever been.
What a nice (no pun intended) area to visit.
We flew in to Nice which we visited for a half day. Nice was quite cool. The amount of difference in the architecture matched with the surrounding sea and looming foothills of the alps makes it an interesting place to visit.
We hired a car and set off to the Lac de Sainte-Croix two hours northwest of Nice. We stayed at the small village of Les Salles de Verdon and did a few day trips from there. The lake has an amazing blue colour and is lovely to swim in, especially in the heat of summer. We were there a few weeks after peak season so the atmosphere was calm and quiet.
We visited the small towns of the area such as Bauduen and Moustiers Sainte Marie which were both fantastic hidden gems. We also drove around the route des cretes which offered stunning views of the mountains and Gorge du Verdon. We finished it off by hiring a paddle boat for another perspective.
Then it was time to head to the coast to visit Claire and take advantage of some free cocktails and beach time. We visited the glitzy Saint Tropez for a few hours, enough time to feel envious of owning a boat bigger than a two storied house. The area around Saint Tropez is nice and green. We visited the popular small village of Ramatuelle with a nice little market and views.
We also visited Grimaud and the coastal villages.
It was very handy to have the car to make use of seeing the whole area.
Unfortunately it was the end of yet another incredible holiday and we spent the last night back in Nice before flying out the next morning.
Back to work, well, only for two weeks then we're off to BALI!! again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb