Monmartre!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 12th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097

Had a nice nights rest and fixed ourselves some coffee and then I rearranged things so we could have more room. The pillows and duvet for the bed were in drawers in a built in cabinet. Took the pillows and duvet out and unloaded my things into the drawers, put our food etc. in the cabinet after rearranging some of the dishes. Folded up my "no matter what" bag and placed it under th table by the bed with my rolling daypack and now we have room for Robert's duffle on the floor by his side of the bed, the ape there as well and suddenly, we have plenty of room.

Because we were using the room only for sleeping and bathing, we decided it would be so much easier if we just left the bed down. Got ourselves cleaned up and went to try our hand at the subway and getting to their place.

Was a moment of confusion about where to go once we got off the subway, but we did find them sitting outside in the cafe that adjoined their hotel. They had bought us a croissant and we enjoyed it along with a cup of coffee.

It was a beautiful day and we decided to walk around the Sacre Couer and then the Montmarte area. Of course it was wonderful just walking around looking at everything. Got right into the fun of looking at the old places, the architecture and of course the people.

Sat on the steps of the Sacre Coeur for awhile and visited with Stefan and Marianne and enjoyed the sunshine and watching all the people moving here and there. We then walked through the Montmarte area looking at the various architecture. Marianne knows a great deal about the different periods and so it was as though we had our own private tour going on as well as just enjoying all that we were seeing.

We decided we would have a picnic and so went to many of the small shops near their hotel and picked out what we wanted for lunch. Just like in Venice, there are all these small shops with such beautiful fruits and vegetables to chose from. And of course bakery's everywhere for you to chose what you want. Robert and I bought some quiche and stuff for a salad. Robert got us all a nice pastry for dessert. He also found some small bottles of wine for us to share.

Once we had this we were ready to do some more exploring and find a place to have our picnic.



Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0785s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb