Roissy Bus to Air BnB in Paris Opera Area


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 11th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.7912, 2.65432

We had done some research and knew we were supposed to take the Roissy bus and get off at Opera. After we had picked up our luggage we went down to find the Roissy bus and get our ticket. Had trouble with the ticket machine but Robert was able to get it to work and we went and waited for the bus to arrive.

Got on the bus and found a place to put our luggage and settled back to enjoy the ride. It was getting dark as we were traveling along but glad we were on the bus and not in a taxi heading into town. The Roissy bus is a direct bus, no stops from the time you get on at the airport until you get to the Opera metro stop. So very cool!

Marc had emailed us some instructions on how to get to his place and the instructions were so very complete we had no problem getting to the outside door and there were Stefan and Marianne. Robert had emailed them a copy of where we were staying and they had come over to see if we had made it in! Great reunion.

Followed the directions on how to get inside the outer door and there is a lovely courtyard and then the building we were going to be staying in. There were two doors to the place and we chose the wrong door first and then we tried the other one and got inside and there was Marc!

We had rung the doorbell and I guess that was how he knew we were down there waiting to get in. He was surprised to see four of us standing there. We assured him they were friends and we were the only ones staying there. Was worried about our luggage and on the way up to where we were staying, he gave us a key to a storeroom where we could put some of our luggage if we wanted to.

Once we got to the room, you could see why he was worried. It is a very small place but very well thought out. The couch makes into the bed, and the kitchen did have a small window as well as one over the bed area. In the kitchen there was a two burner stove, sink, small refrigerator and a washer/dryer combo. More on that later! There was also water boiler and of course we had our coffee pot with us! The bathroom was small but quite nice.

Got our things unloaded and the bed pulled out and went to find someplace nearby for a bite to eat and a drink with Stefan and Marianne. Marc had left a list of places to eat nearby and this was one of them. Ordered a few things with enough for some leftovers for breakfast and had a few drinks and then agreed to meet Stefan and Marianne at their place the next morning around 10:00 a.m.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb