Saint Tropez 4


Advertisement
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cap CamaratCap CamaratCap Camarat

The Lighthouse
Saturday, 18th October, 2008

The plan for today is to complete the part of the loop, that we didn't complete today.

The day wasn't quite as nice as yesterday, but still lovely.

We started at the supermarket to get our lunch and dinner.

Then headed clockwise on our loop, through Saint Tropez and south down the coast, then back due north to the apartment.

We stopped off at the Pampelonne beach and saw the Club 55, where apparently the celebs go. Didn't seem a big deal, but we only saw the outside.

The wind was coming straight in off the sea, and it wasn't cold, but it wasn't warm either. So we pootled around to the same beach we were at yesterday, Gigaro.

On the way, a signpost for Cap Camarat, was on the road, so we took a detour and found the lighthouse, and one of those tracks down a hillside, you can't see anything because of the trees, but it goes on forever, and you wonder if you should turn back. We kept on and eventually, came to an opening to see the Med again.

At Gigaro, I had imagined that
Cap CamaratCap CamaratCap Camarat

The Cap itself
it might be teeming with the local French, because it was Saturday, but as at the supermarket it was quieter than Friday.

We ate our lunch, the usual and spent the rest of the afternoon chilling on the beach.

Left about five o'clock and headed back to the apartment to tidy up and get ready for leaving tomorrow.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.55s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.2989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb