Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
October 19th 2008
Published: October 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday continued

Pat cooked and prepared our purchases from this morning. Chicken with a sauce and some pasta. Two chocolate cakes for desserts.

We have decided that, we would like to still be in the area for a while, the weather being great has a lot to do with it, of course.

So, our plan for the moment is to travel to Nice, we have a night booked in the Premiere Classe, tomorrow night. Along the way, we will pass Cannes and Antibes, and a place called Villeneuve Loubet Plage, where we have information, that there are a number of Holiday villages, with mobile homes and chalets, that are still open; some open all year. The idea being to try to find some reasonably priced accommodation for a few nights, and settle again for a few days, to do some more exploring.

We have the night booked in Nice anyway, and if we find somewhere, we will come back for Monday night onwards.

That's the plan, we shall see what happens tomorrow.

Forgot to mention, as we left this morning, we bumped into the neighbours from two doors down, who are British and had our first conversation with other people, probably for about two weeks, other than phone calls home of course.

Sunday, 19th October, 2008.

Well, we leave the apartment that we have spent a very enjoyable few days. After nearly three weeks on the road, it was certainly a pleasure to settle and sort the car out.

Being able to sit outside for the first coffee in the morning, and not be freezing cold, sitting outside for dinner and even though it's dark, just enjoying the time passing by. This is the sort of lifestyle that we have in mind. We haven't had a television for seven or eight years, and this apartment does have a tv, but truth be known, I couldn't tell you if it works, because we haven't switched it on once, in the time we have been here. Whenever we can we sit outside and enjoy.

We left the apartment at 1030, all locked up, as requested. The plan is still as above.

The first part of the journey is on the smaller roads, and we joined the motorway, around Cannes - pronounced Can, not Carn as I keep doing - for a short while at a cost of €2.40.

Stopped at a motorway rest area for a coffee and bought some sandwiches for later.

We came off for Villeneuve Loubet and much quicker than I expected saw I sign for one of the Holiday places we had information on. This was much easier than hoped for. We found our way to the site and were met at the office by a lady, who was able to help us and after a while we were booked in for seven nights, from Monday, 20th October, 2008, until Monday, 27th October, 2008. The chalet type is Petit Trianon and has room for four to sleep, and a parking place right outside.

The site is called La Vieille Ferme, and the chalets are basic, but will do us for a few days.

We then headed off down the coast road and stopped at a place called Cros des Cagnes, just before Nice and had our sandwiches, ham, with some jam filled croissants.

The coastal road has a specific cycle and footpath separate to the road, and a lot of roller skating, jogging, and cycling, was going on. Lots of stupid little French dogs, of course.

We saw the Marina, a little way off and moved the car and sauntered around looking at the boats for about an hour or so. Lots of very swish boats, but a large number of older one's and some that looked very lived in, with plant holders on the Quay.

We could see the planes taking off and landing at Nice airport in the distance. A pleasant afternoon.

Time was moving on so we decided to find the Hotel, which as it happened wasn't too far away, checked in and have a room looking out the side of the Hotel towards the airport and the sea.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb