Carla-Bayle and local area


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Foix
July 1st 2016
Published: July 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to stay close to home and visit some of the local attractions. As we are in the area of France’s leading underground tourism operators we decide we could not pass up the opportunity to check out one of the Grottos of France. We went on a 2 hour underground guided boat and walking tour to view the subterranean river of Labouiche, to view many stalagmites, stalactites, crystals, and waterfall on the 1500 metre journey of the river and reach a depth of 60 metre below ground. The temp of the cave is about 13-degree C which is wonderful on this hot day and the water was crystal clear what a shame we cannot go swimming. The waterfall flows into a pool with a depth of 3 metre and the speed of the water can vary from a hundred litres per second to about 1500 litres per second. This was a wonderful journey and great insight into what is under the ground. To protect the area, they do not allow photos but we have brought the postcards (and hope the photos of these will give you a feel for now beautiful it was). After this we call into a local winery (Les Terroirs du Plantaurel) to taste some wine local wine of course we had to purchase 3 bottles as it was only 7 Euro. This place also had pots of Goose rillettes with fois gras so that had to be purchased with a baguette for our late lunch on the terrace of our apartment overlooking the Lake. This is the life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb