Carla-Bayle to Roses


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Roses
July 2nd 2016
Published: July 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we leave the Pyrenees regional without seeing them due to rain. We have been told we will need to come back in winter as this is when you get the back view of the Pyrenees (I see another trip being planned). We headed back to the Gulf of Lion for a picnic lunch overlooking Port-la-Novella (man it is windy here) before we set off to cross the France / Spain border at Le Perthus. At least this time you know you are crossing the border as there are border patrol building but you do not have to stop. Tonight we are booked into a lovely hotel on the beach at Roses. Yes, Rose has a place name after her in Spain so of course we had to stay here. Roses is a lovely town approx. 27km south of the border on the Costa Brave Coast in Catalonia Spain. Roses has suffered repeatedly attacks by pirates and has been captured by the French. In 1814 the ancient town, was completely ruined. Meanwhile, to the east the modern town slowly continued to grow and notably in the period after World War ll, Roses profited enormously from the growth of tourism. The area has great golden sand beaches and we enjoyed a lovely meal on the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb