Day 5: London/Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
August 8th 2017
Published: August 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Knowing you have to catch a plane is a great motivator to get your ass out of bed at 4:00 am, no matter how little sleep you’ve had. I know it was adrenaline getting me going because I could feel myself crashing an hour later. I slept the entire one hour 15 minute plane ride. In the Paris metro station, it was honestly pretty funny to watch Ferny ask how to buy a pass, because he made zero attempt to speak French and assumed the worker spoke English. We’re in their hood now. At the Oops! Hostel Paris, we actually ended up getting a two bed only room, so we didn’t have to share the space with anyone else. But this meant interaction with others was next to none. The water tasted notably better than the shit is London. After settling in, we went to go get Crepes at Chez Nicos as per a recommendation from one of my friends. I got a Nutella Banana and it was huge. Probably a third of a jar was used to make that crepe. It was good, but I felt like a child who ate too much Halloween candy at once. We walked around and saw some massive building in the distance. It turned out to be The Pantheon. We went inside to have a look for 9 €. We made our way back to the hostel for a nap. We wandered around a bit looking where to eat, but the we decided to go back to the area Place de la Contrescarpe where we were before. I ordered escargot and confit de canard (duck leg) with potatoes. The duck leg was succulent. Everything was covered in butter. Everyone sleeps better with a full tummy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb