Day 4 - Langeais, France to La Roque-Gageac, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine
September 13th 2018
Published: September 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 4


Well, we're finally getting a minute to do yesterday's blog. Our evening in Langeais turned out marvelous. After a wonderful breakfast, Mary, our hostess, found us a reservation for a B & B at our intended destination.

Today involved a lot of driving through beautiful rolling hills of agricultural land. Corn stalks were being harvested and there were many fields of sunflowers that have dried on their stalk. We stopped for lunch in an adorable little village, Verteillac, where we ate with the locals. The food was amazing, and quite inexpensive. Bergerac, our next stop, has a riverside setting, and is known for its half timber houses and narrow, cobblestone alleyways. This town was the home of Cireno de Bergerac, and he is prominently honored in the town square. It felt good to stretch and walk around a bit before heading to our final destination. Diane finally found a pharmacy where she could purchase a bar of soap, as every place we've stayed, she's ended up with none in her room. I also was happy for Ray to get his own bar. I haven't been pleased with him using my expensive facial soap washing his naughty parts.

Now the real treat of the day started trying to locate our B & B. Due to Mary's inability to print out a map of it's location, we only had a vague address. After driving numerous times up and down the streets of Gageac, we phoned the owner, and he met us in the town. It became obvious real fast why we couldn't find the place . We followe'd up a steep, narrow road that required at one location for Ray to back up a hill in order to be able to make a Turn. All the time Dianne and I were screaming. The proximity warning buzzers and lights were going off, as we were inches from the stone walls on each side. Billy goats would have difficulty in reaching this place.

At dinner, we killed two bottles of wine preparing for our trip back down in the morning. Speaking of dinner, we ate at the BelleEtoile hotel, and the food was superb. After dinner we walked back tothe room up a pitch black road. Thankfully we had our cell phone lights to see the way. We finally got to bed at 11:00 pm exhausted. And that is why we had no blog last night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



14th September 2018

France? Berets?
Ok Raybo, where is the hand selected hat?
14th September 2018

I'm waiting for Switzerland to get an Alpine hat.
16th September 2018

As Zorba would say “splendiferous”
Ray, you and Sandy have missed your calling. You should become photo journalist and travel the world describing what you see. What a great blog… Keep it up. Now that we’re back from Ireland I look forward to being entertained each morning with your “slave work” of the prior night. Best Regards. Quentin
16th September 2018

What a great idea. This would be a wonderful venture for you to fund. Let us know when we can start.

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 60; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb