A City of New Things


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
August 23rd 2014
Published: August 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This city is truly gorgeous, I have to admit. I found that out even more by waking up at 5:30 for the sunrise from the Charles Bridge. After going back to bed for two hours, we headed to our tour, which took us around the city for 3 hours. We hit every section of town, from the Old Town to the New Town to the Lesser Town (rough name). We toured with the same company that I toured with in Barcelona, and it was entirely worth it.


Not only was the tour spectacular, but we got some great food advice. Our guide mentioned a place called the Beer Museum (which is actually a bar), where you can try a flight of five different 0.2 liter beers. He also recommended a few foods to try, especially svičková, which is a traditional Czech dish including meat, bread dumplings, cranberry sauce, and whipped cream. I can't say it sounds appetizing, but when in Prague...



We also have discovered a bakery right near our hotel, which makes amazing trdlo. Trdlo is a traditional bread here that is made by wrapping dough that has been rolled to look like angel hair around a tube and baking it, then rolling it in sugar. It is decidedly delicious, and I fully intend on eating it regularly while we're here.



After the tour, we explored the area for a bit more before heading back to the hotel to rest up, which is where I am right now. We're going out for dinner a bit early, because through the tour group, we found a bar crawl around Prague, which seems like a great way to try the local beer and see a bit of the city we wouldn't see other nights. Depending on timing, we may also go visit the largest nightclub in Europe, since it's about 5 minutes from our hotel, and, well, it's the largest in Europe. Anyway, I'm going to head out for a run now before we go, but I'll check in again tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Adam and Eve towersAdam and Eve towers
Adam and Eve towers

Basically the second tower was built later and the second architect threw symmetry out the window so his could be bigger


Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb