Goodbye, Paris


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
August 22nd 2014
Published: August 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello, Prague! The city where beer is cheaper than water. The city also known as the most beautiful city in Europe. Some say it's for the sights, some say it's for the beer. Take your pick. Both are great.

As for the most beautiful city bit, I completely see where those who say that are coming from, even after only about 15 hours here. I'd be hard pressed to agree, simply because there's so many different kinds of beauty. Sarajevo was beautiful because of its Turkish architecture. Barcelona had the modernism movement that took over the city. They're both beautiful as well. However, in terms of the 18th- and 19th-century look and feel, I can agree that Prague wins in that category. It's an absolutely gorgeous city.



So, after getting up at 4:00 this morning to fly here, we made it in pretty early. Our hotel wasn't supposed to be available until 2:00pm, but they let us in when we showed up at 11:00ish, which was nice. Our apartment here is GORGEOUS. It feels like we're in a ski chateau. There's a loft and two full bedrooms, a well-stocked kitchen, a nice living room, a full bathroom (although the shower doesn't have a curtain...if there's anything I look forward to for my return to the US, it's good, normal showers), and amazing views.



After checking in, we went out to get lunch, which was amazing: duck, goulash, pork, beef...lots of red meat here. All of it delicious. After that, a nap was in order, given that we got about 3 hours of sleep each. I was out for about 2 hours, but other were asleep for about 5.



I took the extra free time to go for a run around the park right by our hotel. Which no one warned me is a mountain. That was a change of pace. It was a gorgeous run, however, and afforded some amazing views of the city. After I got back, we went to pick up Marie, who had to take a different flight. At this point, everyone was pretty tired, so we got dinner on our way home and then pretty much just came home to crash, since we're getting up early again tomorrow to go see the sunrise!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb