Jaromir Praguer


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
April 12th 2010
Published: May 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ferry, train, bus, train...Prague!

On the way, I made friend's with an Austrian by the stage name of DJ Ikerus who was in route to a "gig".

We had beers, shared laughs, show each other pictures of our kids, and at the end we had to part ways without, as he would put it, "making party".

I had a Budweiser and it was delicious because it was a Czech Republic Budweiser, not the shitty American brand.

We made it to Prague, got a 4 star hotel for what we were paying for hostels, and had falafel sandwiches with coleslaw on them.

Oh, and we drank this "schnapps" we bought in Austria (cause that's "the place to get it") and unfortunately it ended up being cat piss...

First day in Prague...we saw the famous bridge, castle, a toy museum (Jaromir Jagr and Darth Vader were there)...kept walking and saw a piss sculpture, that was most excellent, as well as a sculpture made of keys. We had this incredible pastry that is made by wrapping dough around a stick and cooking it over hot coals. We kept walking, got lost, some gay dude who spoke English pointed us in the right direction and giggled.

It was a big sightseeing day! We got tired and got our drink on at the hotel with some Pilsner Urquell which we bought for like less than a dollar.

DAY 2 of PRAGUEmania:

Did some more walking, sightseeing, beer-drinking. Saw these crazy baby sculptures made by the same guy that did the piss sculpture. We found a vegan cafeteria that was pretty good.

Still kind of cold and rainy and we had to get up early to go to Budapest so we just kept it low key with some more beers.

We were supposed to go to Krakow, but the night trains are supposed to be sketchy and pretty much the entire government died so thought it may be a good idea to go at another time. SOOOO, we found some cheap flights to TURKEY!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Photo-opPhoto-op
Photo-op

Quintessential.
KeysKeys
Keys

All these keys, keys, keys...


Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb