Buda to the Pest.


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Budapest
April 14th 2010
Published: May 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We caught an early train here yesterday. We went through Slovakia without even noticing that our rail pass doesn't cover that country so it cost us about 35 Euros...whoops, luckily we didn't get fined 100 Euros each.

Not as busy as Prague, and just as cool!

We searched out one of the big attractions here which is the thermal baths! When we arrived, it was really confusing because we weren't sure was to expect as far as how things were run, and the signs were very unclear. Maybe their best attempt at articulating it in English? Either way, eventually, we figured out that you needed a wrist band, then we got a changing "cabin", and then we proceeded through the labyrinth of thermal baths inside and outside. AND, surprise, surprise, everyone couldn't resist blatantly staring at the both of us!

The baths were a "comfortable" heat, not skin-melting, or at temperature that would give you nausea. There were areas where jets of water would shoot straight up from the ground and people seemed to enjoy standing over them. It was periodic, so there was like a very awkward and slow congregation to these water jet areas. Hmmm...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb