Another town that, unfortunately, can only be described as "cute"


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Upper Austria » Hallstatt
April 9th 2010
Published: May 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a very "pleasant" train ride through the lakes district of Austria, we stopped at Hallstatt where we took a ferry across the lake to get to the town.

We found a guest house where the owner was super nice and they had a museum of items that were found at the bottom of the lake which included a number of Nazi and war relics! He recommended a good restaurant, so we went. I got fresh fish caught from the lake which was amazing (something about the water conditions as to why the fish was so amazing).

We took a walk around the area and came across a "bone church" and Megan made friend's with a cat (what's new). On our hike up the mountain to the top of the salt mines, we saw a dope waterfall, and met some Irish people who were unbelievably nice and told us a story how they did this long ass hike in like 3 feet of snow with just t-shirts and jeans.

Our room was made for hobbits cause it was super tiny, but, hold your breath, "cute"! Anyways, to put ourselves in the mindframe of hobbits we decided to gorge on wine and chocolate.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb