Last hour or so in Zagreb.


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Krapina-Zagorje
August 4th 2023
Published: August 4th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Central Park, Zagreb. Maybe not the same aura as Central Park, New York but it’s quite lovely here. We’ve had the leisurely stroll around and are just having a break prior to picking up our bags, taking a short tram trip to the local bus station and hopefully getting our GoOpti ride to Bled.

Yes we had breakfast plus so we are prepared, packed and ready to picnic.

Walked through delightful fruit and veg market. Full of very local produce from very small farms, some selling just a few eggs, beans and some form of pickled marrow. But the colours of some of the produce is delightful, water melons have a deep red colour here and the tomatoes (of various breeds) look quite enticing. Even though other shops are just opening there’s numerous examples of snaps drinking already. Just hope they are farmers that have been up for while!

Spotted a couple of new EU plates. I thought yesterday there was a BH it may have been BIH but today I saw a F, A and an I. All close and all in town.

Off to Bled today where the weather is apparently pretty ordinary and in fact under an orange alert, meaning storms. We will see.

I’ll try and post now. It may put the free park wi-fi to the test.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb