DAY 65 SPLIT-SUPETAR (Brac Island)


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Supetar
July 20th 2023
Published: July 20th 2023
Edit Blog Post


Jane, Andrew, Melinda, Peter on arrival at M&P's apartment.
A coffee and sweet bun along the waterfront as we made our way to pier 20 for the ferry. Whilst waiting we struck up an enjoyable, interesting and informative conversation with a retired Croatian engineer who had retired to the island of Brac with his wife. He had worked in many parts of Africa ... Sudan and Algeria where he worked for 14 months straight while his wife remained in Croatia ... no fifo for him. He made a point of coming across to Jane and I on his scooter to say goodbye when we had disembarked. It all began with me smiling at him.

Melinda met us and it was great to see her. As we rounded the corner her daughter and husband Peter were there too. We walked back to their apartment (which they own) where we were fed and quenched. Conversation and laughter was loud and flowed freely.

From there M&P walked us around the central area of Supetar explaining key areas before heading back to their place and again food, drink and merriment were in abundance.

We left to walk to our apartment for 3pm checkin. It was the hardest walk of the whole
time we have been away. The heat and the final uphill pulling our luggage was a killer. We arrived hot, bothered and soaked in perspiration. All curses were washed away once we were shown into our apartment by the owner. It is the BEST of all the pretty high standard accommodations we have stayed in since we began our trip. Coffee machine, coffee pods, 2 large cold bottles, one water, the other a soft-juice drink, condiments of all sorts, cleaning products, bathroom/shower products, washing machine with powders, large screen tv, microwave, large bed, air con, numerous towels, etc, etc, etc, were available for us. It is immaculately clean.

Refreshed, we left the apartment at about 7.30pm to wander down to the sea and along the shore path until we stopped for a 'burger' dinner and a couple of cold ciders with ice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement




Jane seated ready for the ferry to depart for Supetar, Brac Island.


The ferry, "Tin Ujevic", our transport.


Mouth open, for vehicles and foot passengers.


Departing Split with Marjan Hill with the Millennium White Cross in the background.


Past the final breakwater heading to Supetar.


Two cruise ships recently arrived to disembark passengers for tours of Split.


Section of Brac Island.


Approaching the small Port of Brac.




A&J are disembarked.


An artist residence. There were many more pieces displayed around the side and inside.


Unique table for menus, cutlery, condiments.


P&M&A&J getting hot and sweaty walking the town centre in the heat ... mad!






Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb