Day 5: Good Morning Vienna (Apr 2017)


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
April 17th 2017
Published: June 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 17th April 2017

Words could hardly hide our excitement as the sun rose through the ranks of the city's skyline this morning. The beautiful scene existed only for a very brief moment before the sun went up high into the sky like a typical day. First up was our Le Crobag breakfast which we inherited from our Munich tradition. Familiar tastes and familiar coffee made a great start for our day in Vienna.

From our hotel, we walked to the nearby Museum of Military History about 20 minutes easy stroll away. This is a huge impressive building where the exhibits are arranged in a chorological order from the early European wars to modern warfare. A must go for military buffs and we spent a great deal of our time within the museum compound including a nice lunch at the Museum's Café. There are many tanks and war planes on display outside the museum which provided ample photo-taking opportunities.

After the museum visit, we continued our journey to Stephansplatz where the city's landmark, the St. Stephen's Cathedral was housed. Located within the Innere Stadt, this is a focal point of Vienna where locals and tourists converge. This was the only occasion when we felt rather overwhelmed by the huge crowds in front of us. Without lingering further, we paused for a break after the usual shots. The plan was to head to town again later in the evening for a nice dinner at one of Vienna's famed cafes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.361s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 80; dbt: 0.271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb