CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST THOMAS AND BACK TO SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO


Advertisement
Published: April 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

27.4.2012

Chefs table dinner last night was interesting, the Exec Chef cooked for us in the kitchen, it was quite noisy but a lot of fun. There were six of us, another couple from the states who were at a VET conference, she was the vet and her husband worked for Sandvik which John had too a few years ago, that it is a small world! Lobster, prawns, souffle, - gut busted again! Then moved up to the Ice Bar, the bar is made of ice, and had a couple of martinis before heading off to sleep. Spending day in St Thomas today, it really is postcard perfect, such a lovely port and the weather is superb. John decided to buy me a laptop for our anniverary, I said come ON!! I am fed up with receiving computers, stereos etc, so had the big splurge on a blue and white diamond ring in St Thomas, it is a shoppers paradise, no taxes and prices very good. It was also Carnival in St Thomas so walked the half hour into the main town and watched the carnival for a few hours, was a lot of fun, all the costumes and music was just fantastic, then picked the ring up on the way back to the ship. Had our last dinner with Blake and Suzi, we will miss them heaps after spending three weeks with them, we have had a wonderful catch up.



28.4.2012

Well Leesy E. this might the last time you hear from us for a few days. We have docked in San Juan and currently at Airport Hotel for a 6.30a.m. flight to Panama City tomorrow morning and then a three hour lay over before heading to Havana in Cuba, and we hear that the internet is not great there, but we will see?? Took a day trip to El Yunque National Rain Forest here in Puerto Rico today, had a great day, nice and cool up there and the scenery was wonderful - our tour guide/bus driver was a real character which added to us all having a great day. Did a couple of short trails through the rain forest and then we were dropped at the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



29th April 2012

You are kidding John !!!!!!
A lap top ??? A blue and white diamond much more suitable !!!!! Picture of that please !!!! Off to golden harvest or similar for lunch....are you jealous?
29th April 2012
Someone's got money

Fun ny
Looks like your having heaps of fun. Keep eating John, you look good.
1st May 2012
Dinner in the Galley

gloria
love our dress !!! x
1st May 2012

john
where is my ring john ha ha good on ya glor you deserve it xx

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb