GRENADA AND DAY AT SEA


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

25.4.2012



Dinner last night in Cosmopolitan Restaurant, fantastic, john had steak and I had osso bucco – dined alone as Blake and Suzi had early dive so went to dinner very early. We went to the 9.00p.m.show in the theatre and that was very colourful and music was great, the shows have been a lot of fun. Docked in St Georges 8.00a.m. – very mountainous – the streets go straight up the mountain from the port – the beaches are very white and the waters blue. Had a two hour walk around this fishing port and then spent a couple of hours by the pool. Very sunny down in the port but clouds cover the tops of the mountains. Our anniversary today in Aus but not here – so joined Blake and Suzi around 5.30p.m., they gave us a beautiful bottle of Moet but sharing that tomorrow, as had other cocktails to drink before dining in the beautiful French restaurant Normandie, the food is sensational, the wine list very extensive and prices in all ranges.







26.4.12



Today is our day at Sea, have had a very busy day
GRENADAGRENADAGRENADA

Big walk uphill to the Church
today. Coffee with the Captain Panos at 9.30a.m. – he has been very hospitable to us, met us in the Café al Bacio, the speciality coffee shop, had a great chat and coffee, then we had a tour of the bridge with him at 1.30p.m. – the security was unbelievable patted down, bags searched etc. Panos gave us a run down of how the ship is sailed and how it all works from the bridge. Panos has many assistants working 24 hours a day. John had many questions and was so interested to learn about the workings of the ship. Craig he has taken many photos to show you. Then to he Emporium – John has bought his 3rd watch for the trip – Imelda Marcos of watches my god!! Then 2.30p.m. had the Wine of the Worlds tastings with cheese and nibbles – quite nice but the only Australian wine they had was a Yalumba – it was SHT!!! but had some really nice Spanish and Italian wines. Also had beauty salon booked for today but had to reschedule as they changed our Chef’s table dinner til 6.30a.m.,so early, but its for cocktails first and then dinner – IT IS A HARD LIFE AND SOOO BUSY!!!



Will dock in Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 8.00a.m.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb