Friday Night Rain Dancing


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras
September 10th 2006
Published: September 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So Friday night was fun. A bunch of us started walking to the party. Donray came to the party later. Chris, Jenna, and Nadia all felt sick and stayed home. Anyways, we start walking and we're about 1/3 of the way there when it started to drizzle a little bit. Leah and Jill decided to take a taxi, while Kari, Jeff, Alissa, Julie, and I decided to keep walking. We walked under roof-tops for most of it and managed to keep fairly dry until it started to pour and we ran out of roofs.

I'm sure it was the funniest thing to see... a bunch of white people running through the streets. This rain was a downpour too. We're talking buckets and buckets of water; one after the other. We were running and laughing the whole time.

We finally found where the party was, and made quite the entrance. There were ALL the staff from the school, all dressed up in formal attire, and in comes us water-logged fools. We told everyone we took a taxi but it was a convertible. haha.

We got ourselves slightly dried off but were sitting in cold and wet clothes. I went
Jeff and Kari, the cute "married" coupleJeff and Kari, the cute "married" coupleJeff and Kari, the cute "married" couple

Drinking some much needed beer after our run in the rain. All the Honduran staff and students think they're married or dating because they spend so much time together. Now it's a big joke.
up to the bathroom at one point and when I came out Brian was offering Julie a dress shirt of his. He then asked if I'd like one too and shortly thereafter, Kari was upstairs getting one as well. We found this quite amusing so took lots of fun pics in Brian's shirts.

They served us a lovely dinner and made some speeches. They first said thank you to all the staff since this coming week is Teacher's Day. We get the day off as well as Independence Day, which is why we have such a long weekend ahead. Anyways, the speech Mauricio gave was so cute. He did a thank you in Spanish and then did one for the Foreign Staff that went something like this, "To the foreign staff, thank you for coming down here. Thank you for leaving your families and loved ones to come and teach in our country. When parents tell us how great the school is, and how great the teachers are, they are talking about all of you. You help make our school a great school. If at the end of the year, you go home and you feel like this is
JulieJulieJulie

Julie is the French Teacher from France.
your second home, then we have done our job. Thank you so much for all you do." Kari and I were definately on the verge of tears. It was nice.

They then had a short little speech for Melissa to wish her luck in Spain this coming year while she gets her Masters degree. She also gave a speech saying goodbye and how much she'll miss it, and how EBH has given her some of her best and favourite memories.

Afterwards there was quite a bit of dancing. We definately had a good time. I left around Midnight though and took a taxi home, knowing that I had Cheerleading practice bright and early the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Alissa, Jeff, and ArtAlissa, Jeff, and Art
Alissa, Jeff, and Art

Sitting around the table talking. Alissa is my new roommate. Art is the new substitute/history teacher.
Kari, Julie, and IKari, Julie, and I
Kari, Julie, and I

Sporting Brian's dress shirts, as we were cold and wet.
Shoo Bop Shoo BopShoo Bop Shoo Bop
Shoo Bop Shoo Bop

Kari thought we should perform a number in our "outfits". Too funny.
Showing a Little SkinShowing a Little Skin
Showing a Little Skin

We decided we looked sexy in our new shirts and thought we'd pose according.


12th September 2006

I miss you. I love seeing you laugh (in your pics)...that makes me happy :)

Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb