Banana Bar and great surfing!


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.62783, -85.1385


Guys were up early looking for a place that was open where they could get a cup of coffee. They found a bakery across the street from a school where they had a cup of coffee and then came and picked us up and we all went to eat breakfast at their place.

The grounds at the Blue Jay Lodge where Craig and Jerry were staying are quite nice and their place is on the second floor of a two room building. Adjacent to the downstairs room was a kitchen with stove, refrigerator and sink. Unfortunately the stove was not hooked up and did not look like it was in use. Craig inquired but was told it was not in use. Instead they bought us breakfast! Thanks, guys!

David, the man in charge at breakfast is also a guide and was trying to convince us to go on one of his guided walks. We politely declined but he did make one last attempt as we were leaving to pay a deposit and go in the morning!

It was a nice typical breakfast of eggs, gallo pinto, cheese and toast. They also served orange juice and unlimited coffee, an added bonus!

After breakfast, Jerry wanted to go snorkeling so we all walked down the road we had checked out earlier and watched as he snorkeled for awhile. He said the current was strong as went out a ways and really pulled him along. After he had snorkeled he went back to the room and we rode around checking things out with Craig. We rode over to the harbor where most of the boats had been pulled in and there were probably five different kinds of fish out on the cleaning table when we arrived.

There was a path around another of the large rock protrusions near the harbor and we asked if it was OK if we walked around there. There were the remnants of a motel that had been vandalized and obviously was no longer in business. Guess it was another idea that did not work out.

When we walked back to where they were cleaning the fish, some people had arrived and it looked like they were getting ready to take some of it with them. From there we continued on our way checking things out as we went. Showed Craig the camping place and found out it was $5 a person. Certainly does have it's attractions.

Drove down the road into Santa Teresa and beyond where we were staying. The town stretched out along the road for quite aways. Not sure what the actual size and distance of the Santa Teresa is but did realize that our place is in a good location as far as being close to the crossroads and Mal Pais.

Craig let us off at our place where we fixed ourselves a sprout, avacado and tomato sandwich. Sooo delicious! It was amazing to find sprouts at the Super Ronny #1 but we did enjoy them while we were here. Did our usual afternoon drill of writing stories and visited with the guys who had moved in next door. They too had taken the road from Liberia to get here and said it was indeed quite the adventure getting here. Said there were times when they had no idea where they were, had streams to cross where they took turns wading into the stream to see how deep it was!

Craig and Jerry came and got us for dinner and we decided to go to Banana's Bar to check things out. Had driven up there early today and decided it might be fun. The waiter was quite entertaining and did seem to know most of the regulars. We ordered some jalapeno poppers and hummus for snacks along with our drinks.

Watched the surfers out front and marveled at their abilities. The surf seems nice out in front and as a result did see some very good surfers in motion. We had a nice time just catching up and laughing at various things.

From there we decided to go to Nativo and have a small bite to eat. Laura got the Nativo salad and Craig and Robert had the Tuesday taco special. All was good and from there we headed out and found a place where Robert could get a SIM for our Costa Rica phone.

Called it an evening and Jerry and Craig headed off to their place and we went back to ours for our usual cool down drink for the evening./



Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb