Hasta la vista!


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
November 26th 2015
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 10.164, -84.193

Happy Thanksgiving! We were up by 6:00, showered, packed, and upstairs for breakfast at 7:00. We chatted with the owners and learned a little about them, their Mother and her German friend who live in Grecia, and their relocation to CR. They have owned the lodge for three years and each have their specialties in running the lodge. They would be having Thanksgiving dinner at their Mother's: BBQ and sauerbraten.

Our breakfast was a choice of sausage and eggs or pancakes; G&G went for the former and Brennan the latter. Also had great coffee, two plates of fresh fruit and fresh squeezed orange/papaya juice. The views out the picture windows were spectacular but the wind still howled and on the mountain side, it was still socked in.

After checking out, we headed up to the Poas NP; despite the weather, we knew we wouldn't be going in because there would be nothing to see. We got to the gate, it was raining and visibility was maybe 100 feet! Airport here we come. The sun was shining back at the Lodge and looking toward San Jose it was cloud free - nothing but blue skies.

We made it to within a few miles of the airport and got completely lost in Alajuela! We had to ask for directions, twice. We made it to the airport and then couldn't find the Dollar car rental return. It was located several miles from the airport. We eventually found it, again after asking for directions, twice!

Check-in was a breeze, especially security since Brennan is a "minor", they put us in a short line and we did not have to take shoes off, etc. We hit the gift shops and duty free before finding the Copa Club where we were admitted with a Platinum MasterCard. We face-timed with Bligh & Dan and enjoyed free snacks, wine, cerveza and hot chocolate.

The flight was uneventful and Bligh and Dan were waiting for us at BWI. Unlike our outgoing flight, every thing was on time. Perfect ending to a nearly perfect trip.

Happy Thanksgiving indeed!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb