New Year's Eve in the Caymans


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 6: Fireworks on the beach.



New Year's Eve … My cousin & I head to World Gym for a Power Yoga class, walking distance from 7 Mile Beach. The instructor looks East Indian, dark skin & hair, pretty girl but she spends way too much time staring at herself in the mirror rather than watching the class. My muscles are a little sore from that work out, but good tunes. Some of the other family members are going to a turtle farm, I’m not interested unless we’re eating them.

So we stroll down 7 Mile beach back towards George Town where we can see the cruise ships just offshore. On the water you can see people swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, parasailing, sailing & on seadoos. Would have loved to scuba, but that’s out now. I’ve caught the cold everyone else has had. Doesn’t matter much what I do as long as it’s in or by the water.

There is a pirate ship that sails past every night. I think it’s a rum party, I’m sure it’s a blast.

Sunset is around 5:30 / 6… of course I watch the last one of the year on the beach. By 8pm the fireworks start… they’re legal here, so people are shooting them from the beach… as we walk along the shore to the NYE party on the beach, fireworks are ahead and behind us… Music & dancing on the beach, with the stars & fireworks above us. On the way back (along the shore again) we stop at the Marriott where the band is playing less Caribbean music and more old tunes for us to dance to… And then, a dip in the water to say helloooo 2009 before heading back to our suite for the night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

cruise ships in portcruise ships in port
cruise ships in port

This is the view just a few steps from the beach towards George Town.


Tot: 0.488s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb