Traveling Day


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Waiting for our busWaiting for our busWaiting for our bus

We didn't have to wait to long for our out dated chicken bus to arrive. The busses are old outdated school busses.
Geo: 16.518, -88.3684

Last night we finished the evening playing pool with our hostel friends. Alex is getting quite good and was providing competition for the locals.
After a good sleep, we had our breakfast and raced to the water taxi for a ride to the mainland. There we caught a taxi to the bus terminal where we waited for the bus to Independence. We met an American in the terminal who had recently sold everything he owned and is traveling Central America. Once the bus arrived we crammed ourselves on the express chicken bus for our 3 hour journey to Independence. Another water taxi ride and we arrived in Placencia. Interestingly, we were the only tourists on this leg of the trip. I learned later that this is the slow season. It seems hotter here than in Caye Caulker and we had to pack it quite a ways before we found a room. Once settled, we were able to go out and get a beer and quesadilla. A little exploring and we called it an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Hiking down the beachHiking down the beach
Hiking down the beach

We wen the wrong direction, or should I say, the sign pointed inter wrong direction and we walked a ways to find a hotel.
YardsYards
Yards

They don't have grass so they rake their sand to get rid of footprints.


17th June 2014

I'm all over that!!! Give me some biscuits!

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb