More exciting happenings!


Advertisement
Asia
February 14th 2015
Published: February 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another amazing 24 hrs in the books for us here on Phi Phi and sadly our time is coming to an end shortly. It is Scott’s birthday today and so far we have fit in a lot of great activities! It is about 5 pm here and we are just relaxing by the pool for the first time all day. After our longtail boat ride yesterday, we headed into town to try some local food that our friend Esteban recommended called Only Noodles. It was by far the BEST pad thai we had ever had and it was really cool to get a feel for where the locals go. After we were full of food and energy, we hiked to The Viewpoint, which was more like being on the stair master for 30 minutes then hiking. After our hike, we decided to try more local food and share some papaya salad. Esteban warned us that it was spicy and he was very right! We only got 1 chili in the salad that we shared it is was so incredibly hot, we had to drink a mango shake to cut the spice! We ended our day with a late dinner and went out to watch some thai boxing. It appeared that the first two who fought were 14 year old boys and the second two that fought were tourists that were friends fighting each other. Regardless it was fun to see and of course drink some Chang! Off to bed early as we had another early morning to be on the boat at 8 for our dive trip. Initially, Scott was going to dive and I was going to ride along on the boat and do some sun bathing and read, but last minute I decided I would give diving a try with an instructor. After completing my skills test, I went down for about 30 minutes on the first dive with Esteban, our new friend who is the firedancer/diver instructor. I didn’t end up enjoying diving as much as I thought I would. Although it was beautiful under the sea and so fun to see all the fish and act like little mermaid for a while, it was hard for me to breathe through the regulator and I didn’t end up going down for a second dive. After we got back from diving, we walked to Only Noodles for yet more pad thai today and continued onto the beach for some sea kayaking. Now it is relax by the pool time and then out for a late dinner with the birthday boy! Tomorrow we will be getting up early to catch a ferry to Krabi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb