Tashi Delek, Tengboche


Advertisement
Asia
September 23rd 2014
Published: September 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So we made it to Tengboche we're at approx 3870m now! The weather was beautiful this morning. I woke at 5:30am and saw the sunrise on Kwangde with Michael. The view was superb what a way to wake up. Each day is getting more breathtaking (literally 😊 )
We had breakfast at 7:30 and then started walking. It was hard today it was about 30 degrees. After about 20 mins we got to see Everest!!! Lhotse and the mothers necklace, amabalam. They were all spectacular! We had good weather until about 2:45 the the clouds came in. It was dry though. Tashi set the pace for us on the 600m incline section at the end.
Jess had a bee on her arm during the walk and she screamed like a girl! It was hilarious!
It was Jess Walsh' birthday today and at breakfast and dinner we sang happy birthday. We also had a cake at dinner and Tashi gave her a prayer scarf and so did the hotel to wish her luck and good health etc.
The place we are staying today is the daughter of Dawa Tenzing who was the Sherpa for Edmund Hillary. His grandson is also here. So cool!!! The sunrise will be at 5:15 here as we are higher up and if the weather clears (as it's raining now) Jess and I have a view if Everest from our room!!!!
We have a 6:30am start tomorrow to see the Buddhist monks meditate and pray at the monastery or Gumpa!

Oh the toilets here are amazing have lino and a flush! Not a squatter or no need to use the bush!!! Lol

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb