Tangalle


Advertisement
Asia
February 9th 2014
Published: February 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I have now been in the van with drivers so long that I am speaking like them. Today Mr Ivan he go church then bring sandwiches for lunch then go new hotel, much better than one in plan and cheaper. Tonight Raje and Eranga expect go home, work done, not see again, sadness for all people, good company and much fun. Now crying. See elephant orphanage this morning, where 30 elephant given milk and maize straw for breakfast. Since I in van now I get good job as water wallah, but pay very poor. I pray that I get better job soon. Road nice and smooth today with hot sun on back, plenty water and good nice scenery with coconut, papaya and plenty dogs in road, not run over - yet. Many big fruit bats in trees by lake. Fun riding unless you break bones. Also big Iguana at roadside which slither into grass out of sight, lucky got camera.40 miles today to Tangalla and arrived at Palm Paradise Cabanas Hotel by seaside, which consists of lots of cabins in massive grounds separated by trees. The are primitive in appearance, yet modern inside, open to the atmosphere but nice tiled bathroom and bed with mozzie net. Good to say no mozzies seen last night. You can hear the sea bashing away on the beach just a short distance away. We went down to the beach and I went for a paddle but nearly got knocked over by the massive rollers of warm water boiling like a cauldron. Crabs of all shapes and sizes were also seen running and clinging to the rocks, Steph would love it. There were some two tone brown fish like creatures with two fins at the front and long bodies, which were wriggling about on the rocks. A large raptor, possibly a sea eagle, flew over quite low but I missed filming it since it flew into the sun. Damn. We gave a small gift and ’thank you’ speech to each of the drivers for a job very well done. I can’t believe the trip is almost over. One important note: I am not an ornithologist or any other -gist so may have some errors on ID’s. Sorry if that is the case. Feel free to correct me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb