Phuket


Advertisement
Asia
October 27th 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well after what seemed like the longest journey in a mini bus from Koh Samui we have arrived in the beautiful Phuket, and the weather here is much nicer than it was in Koh Samui. During our trip we met a French guy of whom we decided to go halves in a Bungalo with, at Karon beech, which while still touristy is quieter and far more layed back than it is in Patong, although don't get me wrong the night life and markets in Patong are great, but Karon is certainly more relaxing, and the beech here is stunning. It is almost impossible to see the devistation that the Tsunami left behind, these people are quite remarkable the way they have rebuilt their buisnesses and lives. The bungalo is nice, and reasonably priced when sharing with a fellow travellor, although I would have perhaps liked to have been a little closer to the beech, not that it is that far away. Tonight we ate along the beech front, which with a child was quite a mistake, as there was entire families appearing every few minutes attempting to sell toys and games, which when you are eating dinner is very annoying, and what children see, children want, and they really play on this.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb