Treking Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Asia
October 21st 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The four of us today decided to take a two day trek, we left at around 9am with 8 other people, from all corners of the globe, travelling by this little truck to see a waterfall, before arriving at a village for lunch, in which as soon as we had eaten we were bombarded by villagers trying to sell us handycrafts, and of whom some followed us with persistance. It was also here that our trek began, we hiked for a couple of hours through villages and jungles, before arriving at the elephant camp, where we boarded elephants for our two hour trek further into the mountains, it was so amazing being up there, on the back of this gentle giant. After several hours we arrived out our destination, a village of Burmese refuggees that had resided here for 6 years. Before dinner we wandered the village observing the rituals of bathing, and cooking the evening meal, as well as the most beautiful children playing games, and doing their own things, it was so amazing the simple life these people had, yet they were so happy and content. After a traditional Thai meal several of the village girls emerged wearing traditional dress to sing and dance for us, later with us joining in, it really was what this trip is all about for me, it was so beautiful, and the experience so amazing, I just wanted to savour every moment. Our group then sat up late into the night drinking around the camp fire, before retiring to our bamboo hut, that had raised bamboo floors, we slept on mats with nets overhead.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0148s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb