Day 11


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Ninh Binh
August 1st 2012
Published: August 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 11
We had a good nights sleep lat night. This morning for breakfast we got pancakes......yayyyy....we all thought.....but then that was it, just pancakes, dry, with nothing to go on them. Lilley did manage to get us some sugar which really improved the situation. Although I was still hungry from last night, the single pancake really didn't suffice! We set off on the 3k trek through the forest/jungle to see the 700 yr old tree. It is a good job that no one relies on Kevin, as we noticed that Renske had been left behind, he didn't!

What a disappointment, the tree isn't even standing! The walk was pleasant though. We all took plenty of pictures of bugs, spiders, caterpillars and butterflies. None of us saw much of Kevin, he was having a party on his own way out in front! Which included more falls than any one else; that was maybe a part of his party game!

There is a second trek this afternoon to see the 1000 yr old tree, think I may give it a miss. I am pretty sure it will look the same as the other one, but I am told that this one is still standing! About half of the group are opting out to sunbathe. The sunbathing session is not going too well! There is nowhere to lay that is free of ants, flies, spiders or wasps! We reverted to sitting in the shade, away from the bugs!

Dinner not too bad tonight, due to the chips...yayyyy, and the peanuts! which were a surprise, not sure where they fitted in with the rice, chips and morning glory, but they were a welcome source of protein!

Back to the airless room, to my bed bug ridden mozzy pit!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb