Making a monk party ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 15th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Jai visits a house across the village where I think there has been another death and I bike into Phon Thong.
Gloucs lose at Worcs 28v20. Typical, I get to watch a game and they lose. England beat Wales but small consolation.
I print off our reservation for guest house in Bangkok and for coach from Heathrow home when we arrive back. Also get Jai some medical insurance for the duration of our stay in England.
We go to see a chap across the village to ask him to come and fit a lock to our back door. Would do it myself but need a drill really so ... Tells us that he is too busy but may be able to fit us in next Sunday. Busy ? Really ?
Jai goes to play cards after lunch and later I go to the farm again.
Apparently the house Jai went to this morning wasnt for a death, well not a recent one anyway. The family are making monks to commemorate 4 family members who have died over the last 10 years. This evening they have a procession all around the village with loud morlam music, people drunk and dancing behind the band. I am sure there is nothing in the Buddhist Canon that says people have to get drunk whenever someone becomes a monk but ...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb