Busy day for Jai ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 27th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

After breakfast I bike over to Bepat's house where things are quiet at the moment. Jai is sat with Bepat's son Jaek and his wife Boo going through her papers etc. There is a small group of neighbours sat in the street playing a card game. Gambling is technically illegal in Thailand but a blind eye tends to get cast at funerals and the locals make the most of it. Bepat's other son, Kay, has recently arrived from Bangkok.
I stay for an hour or so then bike into Phon Thong to do our market shop and to look for a black shirt for me to wear to the cremation which isnt planned to take place till Wednesday.
Get back to the house just before Jai pops in for a quick shower and change then she is off to Phon Thong with Jaek, Bepat's son, and his wife, to do a big food shop. When they get back she has a present for me having managed to find a plain black polo shirt.
Between the death and the cremation of a family member or near neighbour you aren't supposed to work so no trips to the farm for me this next week.
Check-in with sister Pam.
I go back to Bepat's about 16:30 and quite a few her son's friends from Bangkok have arrived this afternoon. Jai's eldest brother Cert has also come from his home at Loei. I stay for the monks stuff again then also stay to eat with everyone. Apparently alcohol is now discouraged at funerals so no beer in sight.
Get back to the house about 20:00.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb